Frequently asked questions
We are working hard preparing responses to FAQ's.
If you can not find the answer you want, please keep checking the website or email us and we will be happy to reply to your query.
- Where will the keys to my property be?
- How can I hire a car?
- Where is the car hire office?
- How do I book a holiday?
- How do I pay for my holiday?
- Do I need to pay before I arrive?
- How do I travel to Ibiza?
- How do I get from Ibiza to Formentera?
- I have booked transfers through Astbury Formentera- why do I have two ferry tickets?
- What are the ferry times of first/last ferries?
- How long does the ferry take and do I need to book tickets in advance?
- Will someone meet me in Formentera?
- How do I contact your manager / representative in Formentera?
- I arrive earlier than 1pm. Can I gain access to the property before that?
- How will I find my property?
- When I reach my property which number will it be?
- What time can I check in?
- What time do I need to check out?
- I do not leave Formentera until late in the day, can I leave my suitcases somewhere?
- What happens in the event of an emergency?
- How do I book a taxi?
- I am thinking about renting a bicycle, what is the best way to do this?
- I am thinking about renting a scooter, what is the best way to do this?
- I have a small child or baby with me. What provisions are there?
- Does my property have a Television or DVD player?
- How do I book a holiday dfbf
- Email contact
- Booking form
- Payment method in UK, which is better
- Payment in Formentera
- Bank transfer – UK
- Bank transfer - Spain
- Duration of stay
- Taking paperwork to Fomentera
- Time to Formentera
- Time to Ibiza
- Taxi in Ibiza
- Flight companies
- Flight time
- Ibiza port
- Taxi in Formentera
- Why we need your travel details
- Do I need a car
- Can I book a car, then get a refund if I take it back early?
- How – bicycles
- Bicycles payment
- Where is the office
- Child seat in bike
- What is an excess waiver
- Who can drive
- Prices car
- Booking form car
- Group car
- Who to contact in case of….
- Emergency in Formentera
- UK Contact
- Formentera contact
- Amendment charges
- Adding extra nights to reservation
- Hotel accommodation in Ibiza or Formentera
- Cancellation of accommodation
- Cancellation of car hire
- Property inventory
- Bed sheets
- Beach towels
- How often property cleaned
- Payments made to office locally
- Where is the office
- Where is my property
- Who will meet me
- Who will supervise my departure
- Child care
- Private chef/ cook
- Cleaning extras
- Boat hire / charter
Where will the keys to my property be?
You do not need to contact us when you arrive on the island unless you are unsure of anything or have a problem and need to bring this to our attention. Our island manager Elaine will normally ensure that the key to your property is waiting for you on the inside or the outside of the door to your property and the door will be unlocked.
However this will not always be the case - If you are arriving especially early or late you need to be aware that Elaine may not leave your property unlocked for long durations. Contact Elaine in advance if you are unsure.
For guests staying at Voga Mari, normally you will pick your key up from the reception next to the bungalows. However, the reception is only open from 9am until 1pm and is not open on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
All Voga Mari guests must contact Elaine before arrival on (00 34) 600 274 783.
For all properties you can normally access your property from 1pm on the day of your arrival and must vacate by 10am on the day of your departure.Back to question↑
How can I hire a car?
Astbury Formentera can help you book a car in advance through Formotor Car Hire and other car hire companies in Formentera. All of the information is available on our Car Hire page including a useful booking form that can be completed and returned by email. We provide you with a voucher in advance which you must present to the Europcar office located at the port of Formentera. We recommend you book in advance due to high demand for cars in Formentera throughout the summer season.Back to question↑
Where is the car hire office?
Formotor is a local family run operation that is also based at the port of La Savina. They are extremely reliable and very professional. They are very flexible and offer pick up and drop off services to your property should you need this. Their offices at the port are open all day.Back to question↑
How do I book a holiday?
After you have discussed your requirements with us, or emailed us about your holiday, the booking process is very easy. Simply complete a booking form and email, fax or post this to us. There is a deposit payment to make of £125 (or € 150) per person. The balance of the holiday is payable no later than 8 weeks before you arrive on the island if you book within the 8 week period of your arrival then the total is payable on booking.Back to question↑
How do I pay for my holiday?
You can pay by debit card, credit card (credit cards incur a 2% bank transaction fee), cheque (cheques are made payable to ‘Astbury Formentera’), or by internet bank transaction. You are welcome to pay in GBP sterling or in Euros.Back to question↑
Do I need to pay before I arrive?
Yes. We request all guests to pay their holiday balance before arriving in Formentera. We do not like handling cash payments and paying before you arrive gives you greater security. We do not operate a system where we double book apartments or give allocation on arrival and therefore it is important that we fully understand our occupancy levels to prevent people arriving to an apartment which has been pre-reserved for another client.Back to question↑
How do I travel to Ibiza?
The most popular way of arriving In Ibiza is to fly into Ibiza airport. There are regular flights from all major UK airports and many other European airports. We can give you all of the help and advice you need- just contact us.
If you wish to travel from the mainland by ferry, we can provide you with all of the websites where you can find this information. Similarly, there are regular scheduled flights from the mainland to Ibiza and we can provide you with this information.Back to question↑
How do I get from Ibiza to Formentera?
Easy! Ibiza airport is only 7km from the small ferry terminal situated next to the famous Old Town of Ibiza. The taxi journey takes about 10 minutes and costs 15 euros. If you have transfers through Astbury Formentera then you will see this on your holiday confirmation. In this case, our transfer company (Dipesa) have a small office in Ibiza airport and they will be expecting your arrival. They will take you to the ferry terminal in a small mini bus or taxi.
Once you have arrived at the ferry terminal there is a small office where you can buy your ferry tickets. There are two companies that operate and you should buy a single with the appropriate company (ie: check which service sails the soonest and buy a ticket from that company). If you have organised the transfers through Astbury Formentera, we would already have sent you a ticket for both of the ferry operators by post- so just jump on board!Back to question↑
I have booked transfers through Astbury Formentera- why do I have two ferry tickets?
If you have booked your transfers through Astbury Formentera, we would have sent you two sets of ferry tickets (one for each ferry operating company). This is so that you have the option of travelling with either company and do not have to wait any longer than is necessary for a ferry. Please return the unused ticket to Elaine when you arrive in Formentera.Back to question↑
What are the ferry times of first/last ferries?
You need to ensure that if you travel to Ibiza, you do not arrive too late to catch the last ferry to Formentera. As a general rule the ferries operate:- Ibiza- Formentera (7am – 8pm) Formentera – Ibiza (6am – 8pm). Although there are cases where ferries operate outside of these times. You can find the details of ferry times on our website on the Activities page.Back to question↑
How long does the ferry take and do I need to book tickets in advance?
The ferry takes approximately 35 minutes depending which ferry you travel on, and you can not book tickets for this service in advance. There are very regular ferries (every 30 minutes to hour) and they are rarely full or overcrowded.Back to question↑
Will someone meet me in Formentera?
If you have booked transfers through Astbury Formentera then you will be met in every instance. If you have not organised your transfers through Astbury Formentera, you will not necessarily be met. You will be emailed all of the appropriate instructions about what to do on arrival as soon as you book your holiday.Back to question↑
How do I contact your manager / representative in Formentera?
Our manager on the island is always on hand if you have any problems whatsoever. Her name is Elaine. She is contactable on (00 34) 600 274 783.Back to question↑
I arrive earlier than 1pm. Can I gain access to the property before that?
It may be possible to arrive earlier than 1pm into your property, but this must be done in consultation with either Elaine in Formentera or the UK office.Back to question↑
How will I find my property?
We will send you the directions to your property in advance of arriving to Formentera. If you are catching a taxi then most of the taxi drivers will know where our properties are if you tell them the name of the property.Back to question↑
When I reach my property which number will it be?
We will send you a confirmation as soon as you book your holiday and this will explain exactly which property you have been allocated to. In most cases (not all) your name will be noted on a piece of paper and will be attached to the door. The key will be on the inside of the door and the door will be open.Back to question↑
What time can I check in?
Normal ‘check in’ time is 13:00 hrs.Back to question↑
What time do I need to check out?
Normal ‘check out’ time is 10:00 hrs.Back to question↑
I do not leave Formentera until late in the day, can I leave my suitcases somewhere?
We will help arrange this wherever possible. We can organise this in most properties. Please speak to Elaine about this when you are in Formentera.Back to question↑
What happens in the event of an emergency?
Depending on the nature of the emergency you may find the following numbers useful:-
Elaine mobile:- 600 274 783Back to question↑
Radio Taxi:- 971 32 23 42
UK office Tel:- (00 44) 1642 210 163
Medical/ Ambulance:- 061
How do I book a taxi?
Taxis can be called to your property or requested to be at any location on the island at any time of the day or night with one simple phone call. They are reliable, safe and honest and offer excellent value and flexibility should you not wish to drive yourself. Phone: 971 32 23 42.Back to question↑
I am thinking about renting a bicycle, what is the best way to do this?
If you would like to hire a bicycle then we can organise this for you. We can arrange for the bicycles either to be dropped off at your property, or waiting for you at the appropriate cycle hire station for you to pick up. If you would like advice before your holiday, call the UK office. If you need to arrange this when you are in Formentera, please speak to Elaine. See more info here [Link to the bicycle page]Back to question↑
I am thinking about renting a scooter, what is the best way to do this?
See info here [Link to scooter page]Back to question↑
I have a small child or baby with me. What provisions are there?
Infants under 2 are free.
We often provide cots in properties free of charge, but please do not assume that there will be one waiting for you unless you have specifically requested this before hand. If you have booked the transfers through Astbury Formentera and you need a special provision to be made for child seats, you must contact us about this in advance.
If you are hiring a car, you may hire infant seats and child booster seats locally for a small fee.Back to question↑
Does my property have a Television or DVD player?
No. Most properties do not have TV’s or DVD players. A notable exception is the Tahiti which has flat screen TV’s.Back to question↑
How do I book a holiday dfbf
It is simple to book your holiday.Back to question↑
- Email contact Back to question↑
- Availability Back to question↑
- Booking form Back to question↑
- Payment method in UK, which is better Back to question↑
- Payment in Formentera Back to question↑
- Insurance Back to question↑
- Bank transfer – UK Back to question↑
- Bank transfer - Spain Back to question↑
- Duration of stay Back to question↑
- Taking paperwork to Fomentera Back to question↑
- Time to Formentera Back to question↑
- Time to Ibiza Back to question↑
- Taxi in Ibiza Back to question↑
- Flight companies Back to question↑
- Flight time Back to question↑
- Transfers Back to question↑
- Ibiza port Back to question↑
- Ferry Back to question↑
- Taxi in Formentera Back to question↑
- Why we need your travel details Back to question↑
- Do I need a car Back to question↑
- Can I book a car, then get a refund if I take it back early? Back to question↑
- How – bicycles Back to question↑
- Bicycles payment Back to question↑
- Where is the office Back to question↑
- Child seat in bike Back to question↑
- What is an excess waiver Back to question↑
- Who can drive Back to question↑
- Prices car Back to question↑
- Booking form car Back to question↑
- Availability Back to question↑
- Group car Back to question↑
- Who to contact in case of…. Back to question↑
- Emergency in Formentera Back to question↑
UK ContactBack to question↑
- Formentera contact Back to question↑
Amendment chargesBack to question↑
- Adding extra nights to reservation Back to question↑
- Hotel accommodation in Ibiza or Formentera Back to question↑
- Cancellation of accommodation Back to question↑
- Cancellation of car hire Back to question↑
- Property inventory Back to question↑
- Bed sheets Back to question↑
- Towels Back to question↑
- Beach towels Back to question↑
- How often property cleaned Back to question↑
- Payments made to office locally Back to question↑
- Where is the office Back to question↑
- Where is my property Back to question↑
- Who will meet me Back to question↑
- Who will supervise my departure Back to question↑
- Child care Back to question↑
- Private chef/ cook Back to question↑
- Cleaning extras Back to question↑
Boat hire / charter
Boat hire / charter wlhvfsfv
dfvBack to question↑